Reader Asks: I’m Not a Christian Yet and Demons are Haunting Me. What Should I Do?on October 14th, 2011 Posted in Demons and Evil Spirits
If you are not a Christian but are having troubles with hauntings by demons, you may be wondering what you should do. A reader recently asked this question. Here was my answer.
Make sure you read the deliverance prayer here: Deliverance Prayer: How to Cast out Demons from Yourself right away. If you’re not Christian, you’ll need to find a Christian church to go to and a mature Christian to help you start learning.
When we cast demons out, even in Jesus’ name and on his authority, they can come back and bother us and hurt us if we don’t work diligently to keep them away. This means reading the bible a lot, praying a lot, talking to God and asking him to fill us and our house with the holy spirit, asking for angels to come help protect us, etc.
The one important thing that might have been overlooked is a secret sin or wrongdoing from your past (or your ancestors’ past) that is still giving them a right to bother you. However, once you find out what that thing is, you can repent from it and ask God for forgiveness and be forgiven for that wrong forever!
Start looking into your past for the following things from you or your relatives (4 generations back):
- Witchcraft, occult, using a Ouija board, tarot cards, being involved in zodiac, holding superstitions
- Ancestor worship, making a shrine to your relatives
- Praying to anyone or anything other than the one true God
- Pornography or other sexual sins (sex before marriage, having affairs, etc.)
- Crimes against others or by others done to you (stealing, lying, murder, abortion, sexual assault or abuse, etc.)
- Being involved in non-Christian worship: Santeria, Wicca, Voodoo, Hoodoo, etc.
- Being part of a secret society: Ku Klux Klan, Rainbow Girls, Knights Templar, Shriners, or any other group where you are involved but don’t find out the “true secrets” of the organization until later
- Holding a grudge against someone or not forgiving someone for a wrong against you
Any of those things can create a stronghold, or a way in, for the devil and his demons. Until we find out those strongholds, repent of them (or renounce them in the case that it was something an ancestor has done), Satan and his demons will have the right to keep coming back and hurting you.
Pray this prayer of protection before bed or whenever you feel afraid:
Please keep me safe tonight. Please protect me from the enemy and deliver me from evil. Please send an angel to our house to fight for us while we sleep and to fill the house with your glory.
Please don’t let Satan or his demons come near our house, in our house, on our house, in us, on us, around us, in our thoughts, in our minds, or in our dreams.
Please don’t let them give us ideas. Please fill me with the Holy Spirit and with your love and power to fight evil.
This is a house of God and my family serves you only. There is no place for the devil here. Please give us a special blessing and fill our hearts with love for you, God.
In Jesus’ name,
This week, work on finding a good Christian church in your town that teaches straight from the bible. Ask the pastor or other staff member to help you get started learning about God and Jesus.
If you’re not already saved, that is high on the priority list! Here is a prayer of salvation if you’re ready to give your life to God.
Keep strong as you learn and grow in Christ. As always, feel free to post comments on Dangerous But Good with questions or prayer requests.